Sunday, August 02, 2009

Blessed by a Baby Shower

We are blessed to be surrounded by friends and family. In July a few college friends threw us a baby shower. It was so fun to be spoiled, but most of all to see people I feel like I hardly see anymore.

My Mom, Nana, and Sister Kristy also came into town for the weekend. It was blazing hot and I don't think our air conditioner did a darn thing for the house. They suffered through with me and it was great to have them in town. To put a perspective on how hot it was my Mom and I were attempting to sleep in Tim's and my bed on Saturday night. By 11:30pm, we were both out in the living room sprawled out on the tile floor trying to stay cool. There would be no good night sleep in that kind of heat.



On Saturday evening, my family and I went to dinner with Kelly and Kristin. Yeah for amazing Thai food in Paso. Kelly, Kristin, and I were a bit of a three musketeers kind of crew back in college (oh, so long ago). It was so great just to have them around. I think one of the things I love most about showers is the fact that it ends up being a bit of a reunion.



The shower was set for Sunday afternoon. We decided to play hooky from church and go to the movies instead. What can I say? The movies are air conditioned. We saw The Proposal with Kelly and Kristin. It was the perfect movie for a girls weekend. My Nana and I were sitting by each other and laughing about how much we were crying (total suckers for a it-would-never-happen-in-real-life romantic plots).



Then it was off to the shower. Like I said, I think my favorite thing was having so many friends in one place. The shower had a surfer theme and the favors were the most adorable white chocolate suckers that Kelly had made that were of a Little Dub surfing a wave. Of course, because the ladies are all very talented, the food was delicious, the games were fun and low key, and the whole thing was very special. Another great part, was that everyone who has a baby brought their baby - so fun:) We were unbelievably blessed by all the gifts. A couple highlights for me were the bedding from my mom, a hand-knit blanket from Nana, a swing from my sisters, and the Ergo from friends. Seriously, though all of the gifts were amazingly thoughtful and so useful (which you know I like).

I can't close without also mentioning that two of the gifts were especially for Kona and Asia. We know our friends know us when they buy gifts for the animals that we absolutely consider part of the family. We call them our little zoo. Kona got a bone and a chew toy. Asia recieved a cat nip mouse - who could ask for more?

With that, I want to give a special shout out to Stephanie, Nikki, Kelly, Kristal, and Kristy for being such sweet and giving friends (and sister). I know that showers take a lot of time and effort. Thanks for blessing Tim, Little Dub, and I with your mad showering skills. You are all loved very much (and not for showering as much as for being who you are in our lives).

I'm hoping to get a few shots of the shower itself to post later.

No comments: