Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Garbage Day

We had a moment - Jude, myself and...the Garbage Man.

Tuesday morning at Casa de Whitacre is garbage day. Jude loves listening for the truck and then finding me to tell me it is close. We then run out the front door and sit in front of our neighbor's house to watch the truck make its way around the court. We watch it lift the garbage cans, dump them out and put them back down. The best part of all is when the Garbage Man stops to wave at Jude and honk his horn.

We have been doing this for many, many weeks now. Honestly, I am not a huge fan of garbage trucks but seeing the joy in Jude's face is priceless. I'll follow garbage trucks around town to see Jude light up like that. Don't worry. You'll get to see it too. I am posting a clip below.

Well, this Tuesday we proceeded with our normal routine. After the Garbage Man finished his pickups in the court he turned onto our street and then backed up (on the wrong side of the street) to come alongside where we were cheering on the sidewalk. He said hello. Jude was speechless and wide eyed. Then he said he had something for Jude and pulled out a toy yellow garbage truck! It was the coolest thing ever.




Honestly, it was so sweet of him to have thought of Jude and brought the truck with him. We will definitely continue to run out to the sidewalk on garbage truck day (as if I have a choice).

Thank you, Garbage Man! You made our day.

This is a clip of Jude's pure delight in garbage trucks. It was taken during a recent camping trip when the garbage truck made its rounds through the campgrounds.

2 comments:

Steph D said...

So priceless. What kind and thoughtful man. Love you sweet mama!

jules of the east said...

I showed the girls their hilarious cousin. I have to admit they didn't laugh as hard as I did, but just give them a year or two! Jude - you are amazing & I love you!