Monday, July 11, 2011

Introductions

I have to admit that I didn't spend much time thinking about how Jude would respond to Eli when they were first introduced. One thing I knew for sure, I was going to cry when they met. I would tear up when I did take the time to stop and think about it.



It went better than I ever could have hoped. My mom brought Jude to the hospital and he was holding a bouquet of roses from our yard. He melted the hearts of all the nurses as he strutted down the hospital hallway to visit us. He absolutely melted my heart too when he wanted to sit on the bed with me and talk. At first, he didn't see Eli who was lying beside me. I pointed to him and reminded him that we had been talking about a baby brother and that now he had arrived. Jude looked at him and got really quiet for a while clearly processing what now lay before him - a baby brother. Then he wanted to kiss him and hold him. It was amazing.



I know they won't always want to kiss and cuddle each other and that the transition is still in its infancy. With that said, I am thankful the initial introduction will always be a sweet memory for Tim and I. We are thrilled to have brothers so close in age and look forward to seeing their similarities and differences as they grow together (as we all grow together).

1 comment:

jules of the east said...

Laughed and cried...Oh sweet Jude - you are already such a good big brother! Jill, you are such a wise mama. So good to watch & learn from you, especially at this time as Havyn will be needing to share her mama starting tomorrow. So happy for you & proud of you Tim!!! Love you Dubs!