Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009




Yes, that is correct. I am blogging about last year's Thanksgiving. My favorite part is that the last blog I posted says I am trying to put up a more photos on a regular basis...hmm...that didn't work out too well so far.

Anyways...we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Whitacre clan. Brian, Susan, and Julie flew out from Tennessee and all met the Judester for the first time. It was amazing to watch them love, cuddle, and care for him over their visit. I never knew what a blessing it would be to watch others love on our child and take joy in him. One of my favorite things was watching Brian, Tim's big brother, holding Jude at every chance he could get. I think Jude probably took 75% of his naps in Uncle Bri's arms...and loved every minute of it.

We had Thanksgiving on Friday at the Hawk's Nest with the regular crowd joined by the Wilkins, family friends from Fresno. The Wilkin's just had their second girl, Emery, less than a month after Jude. In true Hawk form, Thanksgiving include a bizarre game of some sort. This year it was pilgrim crochet. If I remember correctly it included Plymouth rock, turkeys, pillaging, and other interesting obstacles. In the end, it ended up being a free for all of cheaters:)

On saturday we added the Marschner's (more friends from Fresno) to the crew and continued to have a great time of fellowship and hanging out. We visited Morning Star Youth Ranch where Tim's mom volunteers. It was a beautiful day at the ranch.

On Sunday, we had a surprise birthday for Linda (after a really lame, fake birthday party after church). We each made her coloring book pages and told her something we love about her or a story we remember. Of course, Tim and I got teary eyed because we love our Linda to pieces.

I'm not going into much detail, but we did have a great time with family and friends. There is always so much to be thankful for throughout the year, but this year God truely blessed out socks off. Here is a quick slideshow of our time together:

2 comments:

katygirl said...

Jill! I'm so glad I came across your blog today! Congrats on your son! It sounds like you guys are doing really well!

exception boy said...

Ah, I sure did need that. That was really cool being with the dubs