Monday, February 14, 2011

Thirty for Thirty

We met in our teens, dated and married in our mid-twenties, started a family in our late twenties and BAM here we are entering our 30's. Where has the time gone?

My wonderful Hubby turned thirty on Friday. To celebrate his milestone in the blog world, here are thirty things (in random order) I love about my One and Only:

1. His humility despite his incredible talents and abilities.
2. His love for people.
3. His dedication to his family.
4. The way he comes home from a long day and plays tirelessly with his devoted first son.
5. His generosity.
6. His tush (don't gag, it's true).
7. When he has to ask if something matches (not usually a good sign).
8. His sense of humor.
9. Integrity. Integrity. Integrity.
10. His love for music and that he will (hopefully) pass on his mad skills to our kids.
11. How he eats whatever I make, even though I'm always trying out random recipes.
12. That he chose to marry me.
13. His adventurous spirit.
14. His laid back, PNG infused demeanor.
15. His smarty pants brain.
16. His willingness to admit when he's wrong.
17. His willingness to fight with me, even when I'm not fighting fair.
18. His mad good looks.
19. His faith.
20. His dreams.
21. That he is completely himself in all situations.
22. He is a servant to those around him, including Critter and I.
23. His love of flight.
22. His creativity and thoughtfulness.
23. The fact that Critter hugs him for a full minute in the mornings at the thought of Tim leaving for the day.
24. The fact that if Critter wasn't taking up so much hugging space, I would do the same.
25. That the best part of our day is when Daddy comes home.
26. That when we were dating, Tim's friends would remind me what a stand-up, amazing guy I was with.
27. That we have spent countless hours laughing together.
28. It feels like we have always been best friends.
29. That he fixes things (even when I call him at work and complain that the internet is down).
30. That he is the only one like him in six billion and he is all ours forever and ever.

Blast from the Past (Christmas 2001)
Me, Tim and our good friends Andy & Stephanie 

6 comments:

M. Costello said...

That was wonderful! I think I fell a little in love with Tim just reading it! JK. Love you both! Off we go into the 30's! I cannot believe how young you look in that photo! Totally crazy!

Unknown said...

I heart Tim!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh.....sniff, sniff. Was beautiful to read. I laughed at Mel's comment. And think what wonderful family I have. Yay for thirty's :)

Nikki said...

We love Tim! Steve still says that Tim is one of the only guys he's ever met who is so stinkin' good at anything he tries but so incredibly humble about it. Good combo...what a guy. I'm so glad you married him Jill. I love how he loves you.

Unknown said...

that was sweet. Tim is a blessed man by having you.

Steph D said...

That was a great list of wonderful things about Tim, Jill! And I love the old school pic of us all together! Not a fan of my double chin though! Good times! We'll have to get together again soon! :) love you guys and happy b-day Tim!