Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Three and a half years later

Okay. This is a bit embarrassing, but our last blog on this site was November 2005. What can I say? Blogging didn't really stick for us on the first round, but after blogging on the South Pacific trip I think we'll do better on round two. Or maybe I should say that I am hoping we will do better on the second try.

I am hoping to chronicle our first pregnancy and share our experiences with those who aren't close by us. Not just the pregnancy, life in general really. But tonight I have pregos on the brain.

I don't have much to say right now probably because I'm tired, but one thing I did notice tonight is that for the first time since being a pudgy (and I was very pudgy) baby and toddler, by tummy is sticking out further than my chest. Normally this would freak me out. Before I was pregnant or even thinking about being pregnant, I was really nervous about gaining weight and having my body change. Now that I am in the midst of it, I am so proud of my belly and feel so blessed to be able to experience the changes.

Tim and I are trying to take pictures weekly now to be able to look back at the stages and development. Here I am at 15 weeks, I think. My mom saw this picture and said that my butt is still bigger than my tummy so I probably should post it...thanks, Mom:)



The next picture is at 17 weeks during a trip to Shaver Lake. I might not have the hops I did in the South Pacific, but clearly I still have the awesome hair did.



Here I am today, after a jog/walk at nineteen weeks:



Last but not least, I think I can feel the baby move, but am not totally confident. I should be able to distinguish it more in the coming days and weeks, but for now I try to evaluate whether what I'm feeling each time is a gas bubble or a flutter kick from our little swimmer.

2 comments:

Andy Dollahite said...

How did you make it to Shaver Lake without some sort of notice to those in the general vicinity??? j/k Love you guys and look forward to seeing everyone in just over a week. Also, blogging after babies is definitely a plus for those at a distance. Plus, Lord knows I need another blog in my RSS!!!

Steph D said...

yeah! for belly pics! so adorable!